Hiring a harp is probably the easiest way to begin learning to play the instrument. It enables you to discover the pleasures of playing, and developing your skills, with the minimum cost.
Hire cost is £40 per month with a £100 deposit.
26 string Harpsicle harp
Loss and accidental damage insurance cover.
Terms and Conditions
- The deposit and first month’s rental payment is payable by BACS or PayPal.me on the date of the agreement.
- Subsequent rental payments are made monthly after this by BACS or PayPal.me.
- The deposit is refundable at the end of the hire period, subject to the harp being returned in the same condition as it was received.
- The Hirer is responsible for replacing worn or broken strings with new strings at their own expense. These are available from Pilgrim Harps (I haven’t had a single string break yet, and I’ve had eight of these harps for two years!)
- Hirer must sign harp rental agreement.
- After payment has been received, the harp should be collected from From the Harp HQ in Southsea. If, however, delivery of the harp is required then there will be an additional charge payable in advance. Please discuss this option before making any payment.
- Hire subject to availability.
- Minimum hire period is one month.
- At the end of the rental period the harp must be returned to Alice McGarvie at From the Harp, returned by yourself or at your expense.
- Any damage to hired harps must be reported to Alice McGarvie at once.
- From the Harp reserves the right to have reasonable access to its instruments during the period of hire, for insurance / inspection purposes.
- Failure to comply with any of the above conditions may jeopardise the right of a person to continue the hire.
These harps are imported from Rees Harps in the USA.
Please email me or phone me on 02392 861201 if you are interested in renting a small harp.